Thursday, November 5, 2009

McCall, Idaho in September


In September we were able to take a little family vacation to McCall, Idaho. A guy from church has a cabin on a lake up there and he let us stay there. The weather was BEAUTIFUL!! I wasn't sure if we would be able to go swimming because it was September, but the water actually felt really good... a little on the chilly side, but I was hot enough to want to jump in.
The girls loved playing on the dock. Jared chased them around for a long time on the dock. At one point I jumped in the water and swam each of the girls from the dock to the shore. It was fun acting like I was saving them.
It was so nice to just relax as a family. I think it was both mine and Jared's favorite family vacation ever. It was the first time we didn't have a set schedule or anywhere we had to be in a really long time. We went to the store that night and bought pizzas and popsicles for dinner.
We had heard about a hot springs so we decided to go to that the next day. It was a really interesting place... I felt like I was going back into the early 1900's. It was very rustic, but SO nice and relaxing! I'm not sure if I've ever been to a hot springs before, but I definitely want to go again. The weather was perfect because there was a little breeze so when you got out you weren't freezing, but not dying hot either. The kids had a lot of fun. We were pretty much the only people there and it was so nice.
Thinking back on this trip makes me want to do it again. This trip goes down in history as one of the great ones!


Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Oooh! I want to go! That sounds like so much fun! Hurray for family vacations! :)

Jana said...

That sounds wonderful, I'm glad you guys were able to have such a fun vacation!