Thursday, July 1, 2010

Madeline's First Friend Party!






Madeline got to have a friend party this year since she turned five. How exciting! Parties are a lot of work! My house was not nearly as clean as I wanted it, but the kids didn't know better and all seemed to have a lot of fun. Madeline wanted girls only, which worked out fine since she mostly just has girl friends. Madeline loves Sleeping Beauty and wanted a Sleeping Beauty cake. She told us that this was not Sleeping Beauty, but a barbie cake. She was happy though, so that's good.
We played pin the crown on the princess. I was not prepared when the kids got there though so I still needed to draw the princess. I was amazed that all the girls wanted to watch me draw. It made me happy that I was entertaining them :)
Then I read them the story of the Princess and the Pea and then had each of them sit on three pillows and then tell me which one had the "pea" (really a key lime) under it. After they were "real princesses" they got a princess headband.
Jared came home from work for the party, which I was SO thankful for. He ended up going outside with all the kids (12 or 13) and playing with them while the moms stayed inside and talked. How nice!
I felt like it was a great success. Thanks to my friend Tristan and Jared especially!

2 comments:

Evelyn said...

Are you in town for the 4th? We are visiting and would love to see you if you are. I sent you a message on facebook with my number in it.

Alissa said...

Ahh. Happy belated birthday to Madeline! It looks like it was a cute party! Good work!
p.s. are you going to be in Utah sometime this month??