Monday, April 6, 2009

Amaya is two weeks!


These last two weeks went so quickly!! I can't believe Amaya is already two weeks old! She is a sweet little baby and LOVES to be held! I've never had a baby like this before, so it's kind of an adjustment, but I love being able to hold our new baby in my arms.

The girls have tried to be really helpful. I'll say, "oh, Amaya needs a diaper change", and without me asking, one of the girls (usually Madeline) goes and gets everything needed. Madeline loves holding Amaya too, and has only picked her up (without help) once... :)

Today is the first day that I have been completetly on my own. It's been a nice two weeks having help. I have to admit that I am really nervous about being able to take care of all 4 girls on my own, but conference yesterday helped encourage me. President Monson's talk on Sunday morning has stuck to my mind. Roughly quoting him he said, "Our future is as bright as our Faith". We have to have faith, not fear with everything we do. That's my goal. Have Faith, not Fear. I'm so thankful for conference and for living prophets to guide and direct us!!

7 comments:

Bon said...

Beautiful girls! You are a great mother and I am sure you will adjust well to having four little ones. I loved that he said that also! Wasn't conference the greatest?! I loved it!

Kate Call said...

look at all you cute girls! i don't know if you got my comment a while back.. but i just wanted to say hi and that i'm excited to keep up with your cute family! i saw your blog through the coon's and your family told me you had one too (i clean all their teeth and my dental office.. small world~) congrats on your sweet baby girl.. can't believe you have four!!
this is katie huls (call) by the way ;)

tvcadurfee said...

they are growing up so fast! and amaya (along with the rest) are so cute! thanks for letting us come play and visit for awhile the other day. it was great!

Kelli said...

She is precious! I love the pictures. Glad everything is going well for you and your sweet little family :)

Melissa Grow said...

Wow- I can't believe that you have 4 girls. you're amazing. And you're right, conference helps a ton! Good luck and let me know how that goes!

colbyanddeniseovery said...

Your baby is so cute. I love what you said about President Monson. I know you can do it. Kids are hard, so I understand why you're nervous about four. Good luck being on your own.

Ryan said...

I remember that quote from President Monson. I have been quoting it to myself as well! Being a mother can be one of the hardest and most rewarding things. I will pray for you. Heavenly Father will bless you...I know! Some how he increases our capacity to do and be when we are faithful.