Thursday, April 30, 2009

Easter


I know it's a little late... but here is our Easter post. We were in Utah so it was fun spending the holiday with family. On Saturday morning we wanted to go to an Easter egg hunt with my sister Melissa, but ended up missing it because I thought it was at 10:00 instead of 9:00. Instead we ended up going to an Easter egg hunt with my sister Brittany. Our kids had fun and got way too much candy, but I think my sisters were happy because they got to eat a lot of it :)

Saturday night we colored Easter eggs with the Smith family. I think the girls had a lot of fun.



Easter Sunday was a very nice day. We blessed Amaya and got to spend time with both sides of the family. I think this Easter Sunday was my best one ever because I was really focused on the atonement and all that Christ has done for us. I am so thankful for His sacrifices so that we can live again someday. What a comfort that is to know that this life is not the end. I know the Lord is watching over us. We sang I know that my Redeemer Lives at church. The second verse especially felt like it was for me. I am thankful to know that My Redeemer Lives!! If you are interested in finding more about our beliefs go here.

2 comments:

Jana said...

Jen, you've inspired me. I just may do the Easter post I've been meaning to for the last two and a half weeks :) I'm glad you were able to spend the day with family and bless your sweet baby!

ivanandjulie@blogspot.com said...

Jared and Jen-I love your wonderful family fun blogs. Thank you for inspiring me! love ya-jules