Saturday, May 9, 2009

Brianna's Mission Call? Lubbock, Texas

Brianna, Jen's sister, got called to Lubbock, Texas last night. Although we were here in Idaho, we had the priviledge of watching her open the letter live through the webcam with Skype. That was pretty neat. Thanks for letting us watch. The above picture was all the guesses with our family were she was going. Grandpa Gordon Spencer won with Colorado.

She leaves in early July and I might have a high school reunion then, so maybe we can make another trip down. She is excited and we are glad of her decision.




Here are some good sites about that area.
The Mission
The Lubbock Temple
Ariel Photos of Lubbock
The Church in Texas

Some Videos on YouTube




8 comments:

jen said...

wow! I never thought I'd know so much about Lubbock!

insanityx8 said...

Hi i just came across this blog,but my family is ion the 2ndward in lubbock ,so we are excitedfor your sister congrats. Lubbock is a great place the people are wonderful.

canihavethisdance said...

Great Post. Thanks for getting us all the information on Lubbock. It has been fun to talk to you a little bit on skype.

Ruthi said...

Well, now I know about Lubbock which I have never known before. Sounds like a pretty interesting town, and who doesn't have wind sometimes? I send my congratulations to Brianna and I know she will be blessed for her choice, as well as the whole family.
Love, Mom rmp

earlyfive said...

I wish more coaches could do the weather like Mike Leach

Richard said...

Congratulations! You're going to love Lubbock. We lived there for 17 years. The people are amazing. If you're in first ward, tell everyone 'hello' from Richard and Ann Monk.

Richard said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Richard said...
This comment has been removed by the author.