Friday, May 22, 2009

My College Football Dream Conference

I realize this is not realistic, but if I had a college football conference of my choosing, I would create the list of 10 teams below. It would create the regional match ups for great rivalries. It would pull four BCS schools that I'm interested in with some of the best non-BCS schools. This would be something to look forward to every week during the football season.
Teams: Arizona, Arizona State, Nebraska, Colorado, BYU, Utah, UNLV, Wyoming, New Mexico, and Boise State.












ConfTeamComment
Pac10My dad went to graduate school here. Pull them out of the Pac 10.
Pac10Great area of the country. Many friends are from this area or live there now. My brother also lived in Mesa at one point in life.
Big12My wife lived in Lincoln for awhile. Her dad got a degree here too. This would create some family divisions.
Big12They're Nebraska's rival. They would be rivals to the Utah schools if they ever would play.
MWCI went here for college and have followed the football and basketball program since elementary.
MWCBYU's #1 rival. They went undefeated with a promising victory over Alabama.
MWCWon a basketball championship. They are fun to watch in basketball and their football program will be good one day.
MWCThis was my last pick for the conference, but they represent an entire state. They also border lots of the other states in the confence.
MWCNew Mexico is very competitive in the two major sports.
WACI live in the Boise metro and would love to see them play tougher competition. They get good recruits and are coached well.

1 comment:

kurt said...

You can't have Nebraska in the conference if you're not going to have Oklahoma. Huge rivalry there.

My dream conference that I think is pretty realistic (basically PAC-12 without the Northwest):

BYU, Utah, Boise St., Arizona, Arizona St., USC, UCLA, California, Stanford, UNLV, Fresno St., San Diego St.