Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Adriondack Bench





I just finished making this bench from knock off wood, and I'm so happy with how it turned out. I definitely made some mistakes along the way, but I think it looks good. It's made of pine and I put a cedar deck finish on it- I have no idea if that's the right thing to do, but we already had it and I knew it would be good for outside. I spent right around $60, and did have a $10 off coupon :) I want to make one or two small adriondack benches for the kids now. How fun!
I'll put specific cuts and wood sizes to get on here soon.
This is the first official pattern I've followed completely from Ana White, and it was great. I'm so happy I've found a new hobby.
Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

Brittany said...

That looks amazing! I can't believe you are so skilled with a saw:) Steven said you're making the rest of us look bad. I agree:) I think I might need you to make a chest for us to store blankets in. I'm willing to pay, if you'll do the dirty work.

canihavethisdance said...

The bench looks awesome...I love it!

camsmith15 said...

Jen that is awesome! The bench looks so good. I am super impressed!

Elizabeth said...

Absolutely amazing! Can't wait to sit on it!

Ruthi said...

I can't believe my eyes. You made that awesome bench!!! You are amazing. I have carpenter's blood and always wanted to do something like that, but didn't have the courage nor the skills.
Love Mom Pratt

Lisa P. said...

Ummmm... I need some new bookshelves. Too bad you live so far away!

What a fun hobby you have. Both projects look fantastic!!

Keep up the great work!

Mike and Christina Jenson said...

It is so beautiful! You definitely have discovered a great new talent. Keep going!

Jana said...

I'm seriously impressed, Jen - and the bench looks even better with such cute girls sitting on it!