Sunday, October 31, 2010

Computer Desk



I've been meaning to post this desk for a while, but I have to admit, I haven't totally finished it. I was waiting to post until it was all done, but it's okay. I'll post it now, and just know for the future to not bring my projects inside until I'm completely done :)
I got the base of my plans from Ana White's blog, but modified this desk to my liking. The plans were actually the tryde coffee table for the base and the balin console table for the hutch. If you'll notice on her blog, I left out the drawers on the console table and just made the spaces on top able to fit containers I already had. I also measured ahead of time to make the legs on the hutch tall enough for our monitor, or one slightly larger, to fit underneath. I made two separate desks, so we can have them separate or together. I guess I made a lot of changes, which is probably why it took longer, but I increased the length of the legs, the length and width of the desk, and added cupboards to hide all of our junk :)
I really like how our computer desk turned out. It turned into a much bigger project than I expected, but I love the end result, so I'm happy I did it. Thanks so much to Ana White for being so generous with free plans, and for inspiring me :)

1 comment:

Lisa P. said...

Those desks are gorgeous! Great job!! You are so talented!