Sunday, October 31, 2010

Hair braiding by Madeline

Madeline is VERY into doing her own hair. She almost always does it by herself, and she actually does a pretty good job. Lately she has been telling me that she wants to learn how to braid hair. We were at D.I. and she found this pink horse. Perfect for hair braiding :) I gave her one lesson on how to do it and she picked up braiding immediately! This was only her second time ever braiding hair. I think we have a future beautician on our hands :)

Other things about Madeline... She turned five this year, so we were planning on her going to kindergarden, but as it was getting closer and closer, I really felt like it was not right for her to go to the elementary school (right behind I our house, I might add). I didn't really know what to do, because I really did not want to homeschool. Life is crazy as it is, but as things worked out, the right school for Madeline to go to this year is an Online Charter School (Connections Academey), which means homeschooling for me. Yikes.

It is a really neat program actually, and is publically funded, so all of the school supplies and lessons are sent to us. Every day I go to a website to know what lessons I'm suppose to teach that day. I have things I like and dislike about it. I know this was the right option for Madeline though. It has been a struggle for me to spend 3 hours a day teaching her, but it has also been fun to see her learn and to see the other girls learn as well. I do not know if I'll do this again next year, but it has been a good learning experience.

I think the most important thing is following the promptings we are given. Public School was not what Madeline was suppose to do this year. I know blessings come when we are obedient.
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Alissa said...

WOW!!! Good for you! That is a lot to take on but when its not right its not right. I can't believe she's already five.

Brittany said...

Like I've told you. You're amazing. I love Aliza and Rachel's sayings ha ha. Your girls are so cute!

Anonymous said...

I guess Madeline will have to braid my hair now when you come and visit!

Lisa P. said...

Go Homeschooling!! I'm sure you are a fabulous teacher! Keep up the great work.

Editt said...

Good for you! I am trying to stay open for the needs of my oldest boy as we start to look forward to the school years. I don't want to homeschool either but I'm willing to do it if thats what I need to do. Good luck and like you said you will be blessed for listening to those promptings.