Sunday, September 23, 2007

Twilight

When my sisters came up here for Rachel's blessing two of them were reading the book Twilight by Stephenie Meyer and one had already read it. I was really surprised that my sisters were so into this book and so it kind of interested me, but a book about Vampires and falling in love didn't sound that cool. Anyway. One of my friends here had the book so I started reading it on Wednesday. I only got to read one chapter on both Wednesday and Thursday, but then on Friday I decided I'd just read all day. I've never done this in my entire life, but I was SO into the book. I just couldn't put it down! So I was totally a slacker mom on Friday, but I finished the book (at 1:00 am) and I just LOVED it! My friend actually brought the second book (New Moon) over on Saturday and I read 200 pages while Jared watched football. Anyway. I'm trying not to get as involved in the second book just so I can actually take care of my kids :) I think it is really cool that this lady has written this book. She is LDS and a mom of three little kids. If you haven't read it yet I suggest it!

1 comment:

The Hungry Homemaker said...

I totally did the SAME THING! I love those books. You have to read the third one too! And the fourth one comes out next August and they are making a movie! I am completely obsessed. Almost everyone I know that has read it has either spent the whole day or stayed up all night to finish it:) You are not alone!