Friday, September 28, 2007

Vasoline

I just have to blog about this now or I will forget funny things that just happened... well it was nap time and Aliza was in bed, Rachel was asleep and Madeline was still awake just playing. She went into her room, where Aliza was sleeping and I heard them making noises. I was in the meantime reading a book, Eclipse, which I happen to be VERY involved in at the moment. After a little bit I realized it was really quiet and I thought to my naive self, oh good, Madeline must have fallen asleep. After a little bit I sucked myself away from reading and decided to go check on the girls. To my surprise Madeline was awake and the room smelled like Vasoline. Madeline had gotten into the top drawer and got a tub of Vasoline out and rubbed it all over herself, Aliza, and the furniture. I would have taken pictures but you couldn't really see much since it was clear. Anyway. I told Madeline to help me clean it up and told her she was in big trouble and asked what we should do. I suggested time out. We proceeded to clean and Madeline kept saying, "Ine's in big trouble" and "Go to time out". Right now she is resting/ having time out on her bed listening to music, but I better go check on her to make sure she isn't making another mess. I should probably save reading until they're really asleep!

3 comments:

parkerfam said...

Haha! That is really quite funny! At least she didn't try to run away from you, it would have been impossible to catch her!

Stephanie said...

Definitely can sympathize...Kylie did the same things several months back, after Abbey was born. Sounds like your case was a little more severe than mine though .... how can something so cute make such a mess?

Luke said...

funny stuff! Hope you guys are taking care up north.