Tuesday, December 11, 2007

What a Day!!!

 


Wow! Today was a day! Madeline woke up and came into my bed at 7:15 and was cute and snuggly, but I needed to get up at 7:30 to get ready for the day and boy did that make her get up on the wrong side of the bed! She was crying and crying until aerobics... which caused us to be 10 minutes late, and I'm the teacher. Then she was crying the ENTIRE time too. In the midst of all of this, Rachel had an "explosion" and got it all over her clothes, and then Aliza also started leaking... My goodness! It wasn't even 10:00 am yet! So I went home and put Rachel and Aliza in the bath and told Madeline to go lay in bed. (She was still really fussy) While Aliza was in the bath she had another episode and pooped in the bath. Yuck! I quickly took her out (luckily Rachel was already out) and dressed her. I went into the girls room and saw quite a cute sight... Madeline had fallen asleep standing up!
Well I finally got the girls all in their beds, hoping for them to sleep and started on the laundry- which was much in need of being done- I did one load and went too start another and the washing machine had broken! It was on it's last leg, but today of all days... I decided that I really needed to go to the temple tonight. So I called and arranged for a babysitter and planned on doing sealings with Jared. We got to the Temple and Jared didn't have his reccomend! We almost went home, but Jared could tell I would have been REALLY sad if we didn't go to the temple, so thankfully someone from the Temple Presidency called our bishop and Jared got approval to attend. Whew! The sealing session was wonderful. I am so thankful to have a temple so close to us. I am thankful that I can forget my worldly cares for a little bit and remember what is important in life... my family! I am so grateful to be a mom and to be a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. It helps me keep my perspective on days like this :)
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Katie Lee said...

What a great story! Thank you for sharing. I love that we have this amazing gospel in our lives to help us out on our good days, and on our crazy terrible days! It's a good lesson for all of us to learn that when things get tough, look to the lord, and do his work, and all will be well! Miss and love you!

Ruthi said...

Thanks for sharing a bad day and then ending it the best way. I think I had a great day at the temple too. That is a great place to ask for help and get it. Some days are just Murphy law days. I guess we all have them. I went to Ikea and had a hard time finding my way out. I found some nice little presents for my grand children and when I finally got up to the aisle to pay for it, my card was declined and they would not take a check. Pooh pooh on Ikea. I was not a happy camper to leave my stuff there and may not return even if they have good prices.

Ruthi said...

Your pictures of your ride were wonderful. That does look like the great rides we used to have in Idaho when I was young. Thanks for sending them. Love, MOM