Saturday, August 23, 2008

Dinner Prayer: Madeline Style

(Before we eat pizza at the dinner table about 20 minutes ago)

Daddy:
Madeline say, "Dear Heavenly Father"
Madeline: Dear Heavenly Father
Aliza: ather
Madeline: Aliza, you can't say it!
Daddy: Thank you for the food.
Madeline: Thank you for the food.
Aliza: ank ya fa ood
Madeline: No, Aliza! you can't say it!
Daddy: Madeline, close your eyes, it's okay. Say, "Thank you for our family"
Madeline: Thank you for our family.
Aliza: amily.
Madeline: No, Aliza, I'm saying prayer. No, Rachel, don't eat that.
Daddy: In the name of Jesus Christ.
Madeline: Amen.

5 comments:

Bon said...

I am glad to know it is the same at your house. We usually have to end up blessing the food three times to satisfy all of the kids. Either that or Beau has warned them my cooking might be bad!HA!

Hanna in the Hizzzouse.. said...

We have the same thing at our house! I am glad to know we aren't the only ones! Usually Chandler is telling Gabe to close his eyes! Funny how she knew they were open! Your family is so cute Jenn.

Anonymous said...

haha jen and jared that is so funny and cute!! I love your family

Evelyn said...

Jen -
I'm going to be in Nampa for a few days visiting family and would love to see you. Leave a post on my blog or email me your phone number. Christy08@msn.com

camsmith15 said...

That is awesome! I am sure you Melissa and Me never did anything like that! ha ha