Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Great fun in Utah









We just got back from a trip to Utah (that's my excuse for the long break from blogging) and had a great time! On the way to Utah we stopped at the Twin Falls Idaho Temple open house and had a really nice time getting to see the Temple. It was the first time our little Pratt family has been in the Temple and it was very special. When I told Madeline we were going to the Temple she said, "But I'm not big like you" but then I explained that it was a special day so she got to go too. She was happy.

Our drive to Utah was VERY hot... we don't have air conditioning, but luckily we left late enough that we didn't have to suffer for too long. On Thursday night we went on a HUGE slip and slide. You can go to Melissa or my parent's blog to see pictures. It was so much fun! I wish we had one in our back yard!

On Friday we went camping to Heber Valley Camp for a Spencer family reunion. It was fun seeing everyone, going on the ropes course, using paddle boats on the lake, talking around the campfire, and of course, roasting marshmallows! Jared and I want to return to this camp for sure. It is a beautiful place that is so much fun!

After leaving camp Heber we got to return to Aspen Grove, which is where we met and fell in love 5 years ago! It was so fun seeing everything. It was raining so that put a damper on things... but I'm SO happy we were able to take our kids up there. It is a very special place to me, so many wonderful memories!

Saturday night after going to our friends house we went and stayed with Jared's parents. They just moved to a new house in Lindon and they have chickens and bunnies that run around it the back yard. The girls had a blast chasing around the animals and playing with their cousins.

On Sunday we visited Jared's old ward in Orem. It was funny because he said about half the ward was the same as 10 years ago when he lived there, but everyone he talked to that day commented on how the ward had changed so much.

Monday we played tennis (Jared and I lost to Joe and Liz... boo hoo) and just hung out and Grandma watched/ took care of the kids while we played. Thanks so much! On the way home we stopped by my Grandparent's house in Ogden and got to visit for a while. Our whole trip was a lot of fun and we can't wait until we see everyone again!

4 comments:

Bon said...

Wow- it sounds like you jammed packed the fun in! That sounds like a great vacation!

Hutchins Family said...

Jen how do you post so many pics in one post and how do youput them side by side, mine are always in a vertical line :(

Lena said...

Jen, my in-laws are in Orem. That would be funny if they all knew each other. I think they are in a Cherry Hill ward. Sound familiar?
Looks like you guys had lots of fun!

Ruthi said...

Thanks for the great update on the family vacation and the wonderful video. You are a great example. Dad and I love reading and seeing it. Dad spent all day yesterday getting my wires connected for the phone and internet, so I will be up to speed this week. Thanks for the great pictures. It was great to have you here. Love, Mom and Dad