Saturday, August 2, 2008

Twilight has made me go Crazy!

Last night I did something I've never done before... I stayed up all night reading a book! That's right. Last night at 1:00 am my good friend Annette brought over my birthday present... the last book of the Twilight Series (Breaking Dawn) and Annette, her daughter, and I began our reading party! We lasted until about 4:30 am, and I read almost 200 pages (there are 750ish). BOY am I tired today!!! I'm so excited that it is finally out, but I think I won't finish it until at least Monday so I can kind of enjoy it and not be totally mean to my family :)

Oh, by the way, Annette tried pre-ordering the book at Wal-Mart, but they told her they couldn't do that and that they had a REALLY big order of Breaking Dawn coming in. Well she got to Wal-Mart at 12:20 and they were all gone. They only got 40 books! Luckily she had reserved some at Barnes and Noble so she quickly went there to pick some up. She told me there were 300-400 people who had pre-ordered them there! What was Wal-Mart thinking only getting 40 copies of a major best seller? Oh well, I've got the book so I'm happy :) Happy reading to all you twilight fans. I'm not looking on the internet until I finish because I don't want anything spoiled!

5 comments:

parkerfam said...

Did you know that Edward isn't even a vampire! Hows that for a wicked twist. I hope I didn't spoil that part...

Bon said...

Oh I can't wait to get it and read it!!

The Hungry Homemaker said...

I am so glad you were able to get it! I am very impressed you stayed up so late. The walmart here got like 500 copies, I cannot believe they only got 40! I may finish tomorrow, but probably not until Monday like you!

Hutchins Family said...

Gah! I ordered mine online and it isn't here yet! I'm so bummed. So Monday morning I'll be stocking the mail man.

jen said...

what a bummer!!