Sunday, December 14, 2008

First Official Wedding Cake

Thanksgiving weekend I took on a huge, and fun task... making my first wedding cake by someone who's not family or friends! I have to admit that I don't think I'll agree to make a cake the same week as Thanksgiving if I'm also in charge of Thanksgiving dinner, but it was a good experience, and I'm glad I did it.

I think it turned out good overall, I just felt pretty bad because I cut it WAY to close to the reception. I thought I had given myself plenty of time to finish decorating, but I was wrong. I was done by the time the reception started, but I should have been done at least an hour in advance... I guess that's what happens when you're starting out :)

I really liked the design on the cake. Elegant and simple. Here's to my cake decorating portfolio:

12 comments:

C.B. said...

Stunning! You did a great job!

Brittany said...

Wow Jen, that looks great! I love the design you did. We can't wait to see you, Jared, and the girls. Oh, don't forget the batting.

Brian said...

Jen, wow! You did a great job on that cake!!It looks amazing!! Good luck on moving to Fla. You guys will be a wonderful addition to the church over there!
-cami k

Missy08 said...

wow it turned out well I like it good job

Kelli said...

That is beautiful! Way to go!

Alissa said...

AWESOME JOB! It's beautiful!

Melissa said...

good job jen! It looks great, and I bet it taste really good too. I really like the square cakes. Your the woman! :)

Elizabeth said...

Fancy! I've been anxiously waiting to see those pictures...and it was worth it! ;) I love the overall design too.

Anonymous said...

It turned out great Jen! I haven't checked your blog in awhile...Florida? That's awesome-that will be a fun adventure! But you will be missed in Nampa for sure! Heather

canihavethisdance said...

The cake looks awesome. I really like the design. We are getting anxious to see all of you!

Bon said...

Gorgeous Jen!! You are awesome!

tvcadurfee said...

hey that looks nice! good job. check out my blog. not much there yet but it will come.

teresa