Monday, January 19, 2009

Christmas Break Rundown 2008




What we did for three weeks
-saw my mom sing at temple square
-made snow men in heavy snow
-had a surprise Christmas Eve party for Jen's parents organized by Melissa
-had family pictures twice, one for each family (always the worst day of the vacation)
-watched a lot of football; notably BYU vs Arizona, Utah vs Alabama, and Boise State vs TCU
-visited my good friend Cameron Merrill in the hospital, whose going through Chemotherapy
-had all 26 members of the Pratt family together
-had all 20 members of the Smith family together
-went sledding at Rock Canyon Park and Oak Canyon Jr High with the Pratts
-went sledding at the cool Nuttall hill with the Smiths
-went swimming, though I forgot my swimming suit at the house, but the girls had fun with Grandpa Smith
-Helped move an old lady out of her house and into her new one with the Smiths
-I rolled in the snow in my swimming suit five times then jumped in a warm bath
-Opened presents of course to celebrate Christmas
-Reenacted the nativity story on Christmas Eve with the Pratts, somehow they wanted us to be Joseph and Mary
-Went on a double date with Cameron and Rachelle to a Mexican Restaurant
-Ran two weeks of JPI basketball
-The Pratts rented the Pleasant Grove Gym for 3-4 hours and we played family basketball and ping pong. I believe it's the first time Joe beat me two consecutive games for 1-on-1, he was on fire from the deap three.
-Played three complete rounds of dominos, 10 games of chess, monopoly and more at the Smiths
-Jen and I went to Orlando to look for houses while the Smiths took care of the kids
-We were frustrated with the sluggish process of selling our home in Idaho
-We are happy with the real estate opportunities in Florida
-Jen and I spent only 70 dollars all week on food in Florida, although we were budgeted about that per day.

That was the break for you.
-Jared

2 comments:

C.B. said...

Your family pictures look great. You guys looks so happy!

Hanna in the Hizzzouse.. said...

I saw that picture on your parents blog, and I love it! It is so perfect. I can't believe you got everyone to look so good. We would have babies screaming and Cousins fighting. I am so glad that you guys had a wonderful Christmas break.