Friday, February 27, 2009

Out with the old, in with the new...

We've been getting a lot of "new" things lately, and it's kind of fun :) A couple weeks ago we decided to get new carpet. We knew we needed new carpet, but it wasn't until just barely when we decided it would be a great time to get the carpet. We found a great, cheap guy to do the work for us (thanks Emily) and got it done within a week after really considering it! Both Jared and I LOVE the new carpet!

When the carpet guys came we decided to get rid of our entertainment center (a previous $10 garage sale find) and our T.V. (Free from neighbors :)) We like deals :) We had a smaller T.V. that we were just planning on using instead. Then we went to Utah and Jared's brother Joe gave us their T.V. (Jared's parents T.V.) which BARELY fit in the back seat of our van...

So we had this HUGE T.V. and no entertainment center to put it in and I decided I'd try to find one on craigslist. On Wednesday night we found our awesome entertainment center that fits our T.V. has extra cupboard space, with closing doors on everything. The best part is is that we paid $60 and it's solid oak in great condition! Jared was very happy at my find, because it was much better than he expected (we hadn't seen a picture of it ahead of time)

When we got the carpet we decided it was time to give our cat Matlock back to the previous owners. We liked him, but he still scratched sometimes, and with the new baby we felt it was the best choice. Almost as soon as we gave him away, two new kittens showed up! Now we have 3 stray cats in our backyard, but it's too much... tonight we tried catching them to take to the pound, but no such luck... we'll try again another day :) then maybe we'll get a dog... maybe...


We also were given an awesome swing set. The girls LOVE it! I absolutely love having a big fenced in back yard! (part of the reason for the possible dog...)


Lastly, the new baby will be coming in about 3 weeks! We're excitied for our new addition and slowly getting things ready for her. Here's a picture of me at 37 weeks.

5 comments:

Amy said...

What's with that tiny belly Jen?

Kelli said...

I have to agree with Amy! You look great though! I don't dare post pictures of myself right now. I'm huge!! I don't think people would recognize me!

It's so fun to get new things, especially when you get them at a great deal! Sounds like you are deep in the nesting mode too. Isn't it funny how that kicks in right about now? If only I had that instinct all the time, my house would be immaculate!

Good luck with the last few weeks of your pregnancy and the delivery. Hope all goes well ;) ~Kelli

Elizabeth said...

Wow! It's great getting new stuff! I'm glad that tv's working out for you! I was looking for a different entertainment center for it, but could never find one big enough! I can't believe your fourth baby's almost here! How exciting!

colbyanddeniseovery said...

Jen, I just went to your cooking creations site. Those cakes you made look awsome! I'm curious what that site is. Do you post new recipes? I would love to hear more about it.

Alissa said...

You look soo tiny!! Lucky you!
And congrats on the great finds! That always makes shopping more fun when you know you are getting something great for cheap!
Good luck on the last three weeks!