Sunday, May 18, 2008

Bye Bye Melissa, you'll be missed




Today I said goodbye to one of my very best friends, Melissa Hutchins, and it makes me so sad! Her husband got a job offer last year but they were just able to sell their house last month and now they're leaving. boo hoo hoo. I had so much fun with Melissa for these last two years. She made me feel young again... I know, I'm not really old, but sometimes as a mom I feel "old"... I loved hanging out in her daughter Hailey's room while our kids played and we chatted. I felt like I was in high school again and I have loved it! I'm really going to miss you Melissa, but as Jared said, "It's okay, you'll see her in Heaven" haha. I think it is really hard to find a best friend who you can talk to about anything and that's how I felt about Melissa. Gosh. I'll miss Melissa... Good thing I have Jared, and technology to keep in touch!!

We had a "little" barbecue and going away party for the Hutchins on Friday night and it was so much fun. Jared counted and said we had 53 people!! Crazy, but it was a lot of fun and I just had everyone bring stuff so I didn't even have to do that much work. I love having parties, but I don't love having friends move... maybe we'll just have parties from now on :)

Anyway, Melissa I will really miss you and my girls will really miss Hailey and Dallin! Good luck! We love you guys!

2 comments:

jen said...

The pictures kind of remind me of Where's Waldo. Can you find him?

Jared

Melissa said...

Oh, Jen, I'm sorry one of your good friends is moving. At first I thought this Melissa was me... do you miss me tons too? :) ha ha anyway, I love the camping pictures and I'm glad you guys had such a fun party and good turnout. You are a great friend. love ya!