Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Confession: I Have Jazz Fever


(Ronnie Price fouled by Turiaf, photo courtesy of the LA Times)

With the series tied 2-2, I am consumed about how this is the year the Utah Jazz are going to win the NBA championship. I had to miss the Jazz win on Friday to go on a scout campout to the sand-dunes. To add to my grief, the uncompassionate NBA scheduler had to schedule two Sunday games in the same series. Unbelievable. I'm SURE glad we have tivo. I sort of feel like Larry H. Miller that sports should be avoided on Sundays (I need at least one day not to be consumed by those Jazz.) I was cautious calling home on Mother's Day because I knew someone at my household would tell me the score.

I'm a big fan of Deron Williams and just can't wait for tomorrow, where I'm hoping the Jazz will win. Those Laker fans deserve to be humbled.

Notes: My dad taught Ronnie Price in his UVSC's astronomy class, therefore Ronnie and I go way back.

I was accused at work yesterday that I talk too much about the Jazz. Well, there may be some truth to that, but I emphatically disagree.

Other note: Now that May 9 is officially David Archuleta Day, I thought I'd put him singing the national anthem at The Jazz-Laker for Game three.

3 comments:

parkerfam said...

GO JAZZ!!!!!!!!!

canihavethisdance said...

Thanks for putting up David Archuletta singing the National Anthem. They didn't show it here because of contracts with Idol,Jazz, ect.
Hopefully the Jazz will do well tonight. We will be watching here!

Allan said...

I too probably talk about the Jazz more than my colleagues would like, but here in Pacer Country, there isn't much to talk about. Go Jazz!