Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Baby it's cold out there!!

I don't know the last time I remember it snowing ALL day! I have to admit that it is kind of fun. I want to snuggle up and read a good book. Despite the weather I bundled up the girls and went to aerobics and then book club. We got to choose a book on Joseph Smith this month. I started reading "American Prophet, The story of Joseph Smith" and it was really good. It is a picture book, so not a hard read, but I learned things even though I only read 25 pages of it. Anyway. I am thankful to be able to read and I'm thankful that we can be studying the teachings of the prophet Joseph Smith in our church lessons for the next two years. I pray that I can gain a stronger testimony of Joseph Smith and also a better testimony of the church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.
One more thing, yesterday my mom called to let me know she is coming up for a week at the end of January to help me while Jared goes on a business trip. I feel so spoiled that she is coming! I am not looking forward to Jared being gone, but the fact that she is coming helps me feel better :) Thanks Mom and Dad!

2 comments:

Bon said...

Oh I just love books on Joseph Smith. Have you read the one his mom wrote? It is really neat and I learned a lot too! Have fun with your mom!

Bonnie

Melissa said...

Hey Jen! I'm so glad that you commented on my blog and gave me your address. Your little family is ADORABLE!!! How fun to have three little girls. You look so great! I haven't seen you for so long. Do you and Melissa live close to each other? I bet ya'll are really good friends. It is so good to catch up and see what's going on in your life. I too am so excited to study Joseph Smith this year AND the Book of Mormon!