Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Need a Boost?

I am a firm believer of exercising. It makes you feel great in so many ways.

(tangent)Today we were suppose to have play group at my house and basically no one came. (I called a friend that moved out of our ward and invited her so she was here) Who knows why no one came, but I have to say I felt a little disappointed and sad. I mean it's only once a month, but anyway. Our ward really struggles to have good turnouts at Enrichment Activities-- any recommendations for getting sisters to come?

Anyway, so back to exercising. After my one friend left I was feeling sad and decided that I needed for sure needed to exercise. We just inherited a treadmill so I went downstairs and started walking- I really dislike running ALOT. Madeline and Rachel were down there with me and I was able to get in a great workout. I feel SO much better! Our bodies let off endorphins when we exercise that help us to feel happy. So if you are ever feeling kinda blue do something active and I bet you'll start feeling better really soon. Exercising also keeps your body stay fit and healthy both mentally and physically. Even if it is just for a little bit it is for sure better than nothing!

I saw this scripture and I think it can apply to exercising- Now ye may suppose that this is foolishness in me; but behold I say unto you, that by small and simple things are great things brought to pass... Alma 37:6 So whether you need to start exercising to loose weight or if you just want to exercise to have a good time and a good self esteem start now!!

5 comments:

The Hungry Homemaker said...

I totally would have came. And ditto on the exercise thing, and then running thing, I really hate running too!

Melissa said...

I love to run and I love to exercise. It really is the best medicine for many things (well I guess prayer, scriptures, and service would actually be the best medicine, but you know what I mean). :) I'm so jealous you have a treadmill. I love to go running outside but it has just been too cold here for the last week and a half. I think I'm going to do some pilates today. I wish you were here to do it with me.

Lisa said...

Melissa started in a basic class last January. Her new class started in August and is more challenging. She just loves it! It really has given her discipline and a structure that she just loves to follow. You're little girls will just love it I'm sure! And props on the exercising! I am terrible at it. Once I get to the gym I just love it, it's the getting there that I struggle at.

Ruthi said...

Sometimes, I will call some of my friends and say: Will you bring a story today, or a treat etc? Some people just need to feel needed. Or sometimes, we have a lot of colds in Jan. This week I have been down with flu and I felt depressed. So I got up and did exercies. Calvin and Ivan walked in and started lauging so I hammed it up a little and soon we were all smiling. Keep up the good work Jen. I love your pictures. I hope you send me one of the boys. I just said a prayer for Jared's safety. It is good your mom is there too. Little Brayden is now at home, released from the hospital. He is so cute. Keep him in your prayers.
Love, Mom Pratt

Ruthi said...

OOOPs, I meant send me some copies of the pictures of the girls. I was thinking of Cal, etc when I wrote boys. Thats a grandma goof. Have a great day.
Love Mom Pratt
Give everyone a big kiss from Grandma Pratt.