Thursday, January 17, 2008

Mrs. Productive





Yesterday was a very productive day for me. I finished 3 projects! These projects have been "almost done" for too long so I decided before I could start any other sewing projects I had to finish these. The first was a pouch sling (to hold a baby in), the next was a set of pillows (a Christmas present... just a couple weeks late :)) and finally, Aliza's blanket! I'm most happy about getting the blanket done. I cut Madeline's receiving blankets- which were basically just pieces of flannel that were really too small to wrap a baby up in- into squares and then made a twin size quilt. It turned out really cute, and I have my family to thank for helping me tie it... we did it during Christmas break. Thanks! Now I can move onto my next projects "guilt free" :)

6 comments:

Ruthi said...

That looks wonderful. It looks like the girls will get a lot of joy and pleasure just snuggling up in this wonderful blanket. Good for you!!! How fun to make a great keeper like that.
Love, MOM Pratt

The Hungry Homemaker said...

You are my inspiration. I have about 4 projects I am in the middle of, and I can't get myself to finish them! Now I can look to you, and maybe I will actually get them done:)

Melissa said...

What a BEAUTIFUL blanket!! I have been wanting to do that very thing with my girls' baby blankets. I have so MANY of those little blankets. Yours turned out SO GOOD!!! I am so impressed!!

Hanna in the Hizzzouse.. said...

I love that blanket Jen!I have been wanting to make one for Chandlers bed for so long. You have inspired me to stop putting it off! You are so talented, I guess you always have been!

pinksuedeshoe said...

I am impressed. You have three little girls, and you have time to sew. I guess I really have no excuse, beacuse Scott can for the most part take care of himself during the day!

Bon said...

Jennifer
The quilt looks beautiful! Good job! I keep meaning to tell you that you should sign up for shelfari.com also- it is free- you can go to my blog and
see my book shelf- then you upload all the books you have read or plan to read and it is a fun way to share and get new ideas for books!

Love the quilt- wish you lived closer to me to teach me how to do that
Bonnie