Monday, March 23, 2009

Amaya Clarissa is Born

Finally, Jen went into labor and the baby was born.

So I was in the hospital already watching Aliza, while Jen, Jen's mom, Rachel, and Madeline were home. Jen called me at 4:30 AM today and said she had pain and was wondering if she should come in. Her contractions were only 10 minutes apart, but I encouraged her to come in, since I couldn't really help unless she was at the hospital.

So she drove by herself (we live about a mile away) and met me at the hospital and she was admitted. Jen's mom came to watch Aliza and Anette come over to watch our other girls all day while we were at the hospital.

She started at a 6 dilation! So they moved us into the delivery room and within 30 minutes the baby was born. It was so fast that the doctor missed the delivery again, but there was a back up doctor. She had no epidural, iv, drugs, or anything. It looked easier this time, but don't tell Jen I said that. Really though, it was tough, just intense pain for 30 minutes this time instead of 3-5 hours like previous times.

Actually, we feel really blessed that everything went well. It happened so quickly, it is hard to remember what happened.

Her name is Amaya Clarissa Pratt. She weighed 6 lbs 11 oz and was 19.5 inches, so she was our heaviest child so far. She was born at 6:49 AM.

Here are some videos.



Meanwhile,
Aliza will probably need to stay another 2 days in the hospital with pneumonia. She seemed all better yesterday, but is back sick again today. So I'll probably spend most my time with her since I'm a little sick already. She has been in the hospital since Friday night.

Jared

19 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Congratulations! What a sweet little baby! I L-O-V-E her name! Great pick! I'm glad everything seemed to work out so well for your family and that Jen didn't have to get induced! What a blessing to have your mom in town and to have such good friends to help out! That's too bad Aliza's not feeling well today, but at least you can keep all those sick germs in the hospital!

Evelyn said...

Yeah! Congratulations! She's so tiny and cute. Can't wait to see more pictures!

Joe Pratt said...

Congrats! She seems so healthy and good looking! Amaya was my next guess! ;) We are so happy for you.

Bon said...

Congrats! She is beautiful and what a beautiful name! I hope Aliza recovers quickly also and I am so glad that labor went so quickly for you! You are such a wonderful mommy!!

Anonymous said...

Jen and Jared I am so happy to have another neiece, so is so cute!! I love her name, I am glad everything went well, I love you and I hope your girls get feeling better I can't wait to see amaya!!

Missy08 said...

wow congratulation she is so cute Love the name great pick can't wait to see her sometime

Pals Place said...

Congrats! All of you girls are so cute! We are glad you are staying in Nampa and hopefully we'll run into you when we get to meet in our church again. Hope everyone gets feeling better, too!

Mike, Kerry, Sam or Jake said...

She looks like a Pratt! Congratulations. You guys need to buy stock in that hospital. I hope you all do well.

Keith and Jessie said...

Congrats on the new addition!! I am so happy everything went well. Home ALL of you can come home soon.

Tristan said...

she is so pretty!! congrats!!!
Trinity was very sad when i came home last night she heard i got to see Aliza and she just ran to the door and kept saying Aliza Madeline Rachy. It was cute she wants to see her friends. we all hope Aliza get well soon so you can all be home enjoying Amaya.

Brittany said...

congrats! We are so excited for you. What a cute little baby. We can't wait to see her.

The Hungry Homemaker said...

Congrats! I love the name, and I hope everyone is home soon and healthy in your family! I wish I could come help out

Anonymous said...

Yay! Congratualtions! I'm so glad it all went well- I can't believe that you weren't the only one in the hospital! She is adorable and you look great! I'm so happy you're not pregnant anymore!!!! :) Heather

Lena said...

Congratulations!! I'm so glad you didn't need to be induced. It sounds like it went just beautifully! A beautiful name for a lovely little girl too. I hope Aliza feels better quickly so she can give lots of kisses to her new sister.

Stephanie said...

Congratulations you two...it sounds like it was a very fast delivery! We are so happy for you, what a wonderful spring present!

Jana said...

Congratulations! Jen, you're such a trooper, I can't believe you drove yourself to the hospital :) Best wishes for a healthy recovery for you and Aliza! Amaya is beautiful!

Alissa said...

OH my goodness!! Congratulations on the safe arrival of Amaya (does it sound like A-may-a?) Unique. And I'm sorry about poor Aliza, she's had a rough spring. We'll hope for those spring flowers for you!!!

Hutchins Family said...

Congratulations guys! She is so beautiful!

Jodi Warenski said...

A late congtatulations