Saturday, March 21, 2009

April Showers Bring May Flowers

If you'll notice on the sidebar it says that our baby is 1 day old... it's not true. I'm still pregnant, and it's a good thing. Yesterday I was having contractions in the morning and the girls have all been sick this week so Jared stayed home from work to help out.
Aliza got really sick earlier in the week and wasn't getting better yesterday so I called the doctor and took her in. I just wanted to make sure she didn't have anything more serious than a cough. Well, I was very surprised when the doctor informed me that Aliza has pneumonia and had to be admitted to the HOSPITAL! Not quite the thing we need right before the baby comes.
Now I feel very thankful that the baby hasn't come yet. If she hasn't come by Wednesday (the scheduled induction date) we might try to push it back until later so that we aren't sick when she is born.
They said Aliza will probably have to be in the hospital for 2 days. Good thing is if I do go into labor it's on the same floor as Aliza's staying...
It's been one thing after another this year... hence the title, "April Showers Bring May Flowers". I think we're going to have some BEAUTIFUL May Flowers this year :)
What a way to watch March Madness!:)

11 comments:

Tristan said...

oo i hope she get better soon. Trinity has been asking about her friends all week i guess mom is just not much fun when she cant talk. Good luck

Jana said...

Poor Aliza! What a crazy time for your family, I'm glad the new baby is giving you some extra time before she makes her debut. :)

Kelli said...

I'm sorry, but I totally laughed at the first sentence in this post! Too funny! But what a bummer about Aliza! It is no fun when your kids are sick. Maybe it's a blessing in disguise that your baby hasn't come yet. Hang in there!

Elizabeth said...

Oh, poor Aliza! Look at that cute little face! It takes lots of work taking care of sick kids...and I only have one! I'm glad Jared was able to help you out tons last week and this week. I hope you all get better before your new one comes! Love you guys!

Brittany said...

Oh, I'm so sorry Jen, but maybe this baby new there were things already happening and didn't want life to be too crazy. Your in our prayers.

Melissa said...

Hi! I'm so sorry that you have sick kids, especially that Aliza is in the hospital. I'm glad the Mom can come and be with you & help out. Good luck with things this week, especially the new baby. love ya!

Natalie said...

Your girls are so stinkin cute, I hope you all get feeling better soon! I hope all goes well with the new baby!

Missy08 said...

oh I hope she get better soon

Bon said...

Oh I am so sorry to hear about the sickness going around. I hope she recovers quickly. And I hope labor goes so well for you! Can't wait to hear all about it!

Mike, Kerry, Sam or Jake said...

Wow Jen, I hope everything is uphill for you guys from now on. Good luck!

Kate Call said...

holy cow! jennifer.. its been like 15 years.. right?!! this is katie huls (call).... i actually have been caught up with what you are doing and how many kids you have through your parents.. they come to my dental office, and i clean their teeth! how random huh?! i can't believe your little crew.. so cute! you look so great. its so weird to see you will a family of your own, i still picture you as a 10 year old.. because that was the last time i saw you. we are getting old aren't we! ;) crazy! hope things are so great! keep in touch for sure!