Monday, March 16, 2009

How to self induce labor... or Not

Technically I haven't reached my due date yet, which Jared keeps reminding me :) but these last weeks sure seem LONG!! I always hear that if you work really hard at the end of the pregnancy you'll go into labor... I'm not believing it.

Here's a list of what I did on Saturday:
-started cleaning the house- scrubbing the bathroom, doing dishes (while Jared went to the church and cleaned- Madeline was sick so we stayed home)
- went swimming with the kids at the rec center. I took Aliza into deeper water and ran around the pool in circles for a while
-cleaned the house some more- more dishes, putting away clothes, etc
- dug out part of our garden (I'm moving it to a different spot in our yard)
- put the kids to bed
- finished cleaning, vacuumed, etc. (It feels SO good to have a clean house!)
* usually Jared helps a TON on Saturday's but he was really sick too, so he couldn't help much

So here I am on Monday, still no baby, still no big contractions... it doesn't work for me. BUT I'm not giving up yet... maybe grocery shopping with 3 girls will do the trick. Come on St. Patricks Day baby!!

11 comments:

Amy said...

Wow Jen! That's a lot of work and if that didn't do the trick, I think that baby is staying put until they kick her out! Hang in there!

Kelli said...

Oh, I feel your pain! I was the same way. It is great having a clean house when the baby comes though, so it's not totally wasted efforts. Good luck. We're rootin' for ya ;)

Unknown said...

Sounds like you are "nesting" ;o) anyway... don't work yourself too hard. i tried walking... a lot of walking and all i did was make my hips really sore and i was more uncomfortable than when i started! i was 5cm and walking didn't do anything but hurt me. ;o) The doctor stripped my membranes and that actually put me in labor within a couple of hours. although that was super painful too! good luck

Alissa said...

Oh I'm sorry dear!! Wish I could offer you empathy but I haven't been there yet. GOOD LUCK!

Elizabeth said...

I wish you much luck! I've had friends that did a whole checklist of things to help them go into labor. Just google self induce labor and you'll find some other methods. I love the Prego Pizza idea! :) I guess it's worth a try! http://www.savvy-baby-gear.com/baby-articles/self-induce-labor/

Unknown said...

The night before I went into Labor I was sitting on one of those exercise balls bouncing up and down . . . I heard it would help and well the next day I had my baby :) I don't really know if it had anything to do with the ball though!

Unknown said...

That Michael comment was really from Natalie, sorry about that.

Stephanie said...

Hang in there...the end can feel really long, I know! I just wanted you to know we are still following your blog and we are excited for you!

Emily said...

I've been thinking of you and wondering if she had arrived yet! Any minute now sweety!

Missy08 said...

wow it looks like u tried alot idk I walked alot and that did work for me thought I was in labor, but false alarm. idk what to say just keep on trying

Jana said...

Jen, I thought about you all day yesterday and hoped you were in labor, but I just saw that you commented on Em's blog last night so I'm guessing you're still pregnant. I can't believe doing everything on that list didn't put you into labor!