Saturday, March 22, 2008

Another Life Lesson

I don't know what my deal has been lately, but I have been getting annoyed or easily upset at the silliest things. I contribute part of this newfound lack of patience to March Madness, I think it's making me go mad :) Not really, but I'm glad "the dance" is only once a year.

This morning we decided to take the girls to an easter egg hunt. We ended up getting ONE that's right, ONE egg for each Madeline and Aliza. Really I don't care that much because I probably wouldn't let the girls eat most of the candy anyway, but I was upset because there were tons of people around us that had a basket FULL of eggs. How did this happen? Do we have really slow girls? No, it's just that we got there right before it started so we were at the back of the line, so by the time we got to the eggs they were all gone. It was a silly (and dangerous) set up, that's all. Anyway, like I said I was annoyed, and at such a silly thing, especially because the girls didn't know any different and they were happy with what they got.

It was only 10:00 am and such a beautiful day so before we left the park we had the girls get in a firetruck that was set up for the easter egg hunt, and then decided to go to Harper's Ferry. Jared had the great idea to do that, and I'm so glad he did. It was exactly what I needed! It is this place that some people have dedicated to peacefulness, happiness, and Christ. A perfect thing for easter weekend. We had such a great time there. I am so thankful that these people are willing to share their treasures.

Earlier this morning I told myself that it was up to me to be happy, and then right when we got there I saw this sign.


We had a lot of fun and got to see tons of peacocks, some deer, and a bunny (a real Easter Bunny) We'll try to post a video of it later today. It is such a peaceful beautiful place. I just loved going there, and I was reminded to remember the important things in life, and that you are the one that sets your mood. I am so thankful for nature. It is so nice to be able to "breathe in the quietness". Experiences like this always rejuvenate me.

1 comment:

Ruthi said...

You might ask the organization committee to have 3yrs and under have their own spot, and the 4-7 their spot, etc. Or give the younger kids a head start. All is well that ends well. They probably were happy with one or two. Little children are good examples to us older set. Right?