Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Relief Society Birthday Cake


I made a birthday cake for our enrichment party last night. It was really fun and I think it turned out good. The funny thing is that I thought the colors were purple and gold/ yellow, but I found out (after I already made the cake) last night that the R.S. colors are blue and gold. Oops! Oh well. I was really nervous about our enrichment party because the men in the ward were invited, and I just thought it wouldn't turn out very well, but it ended up being SO successful! We had the perfect amount of food, a great lesson, a fun trivia game, and a pinata! The theme of the party was Sisterhood around the world so the pinata was a world. We had 9 tables with things on them from all around the world. It was so fun and I'm so happy it worked out so well!

7 comments:

Bon said...

Are you the Enrichment Leader Jen? I am- so we should swap ideas. I would love to share!:)

Jbird08 said...

Jen, loved the cake you should check out BrightIdeas.com

pinksuedeshoe said...

I am totally impressed! That cake looks awesome.

Melissa said...

the cake looks great jen good job! did everyone love it? I'm excited to see you guys

canihavethisdance said...

Your cake looks great! I'm glad that everything worked out okay for the evening.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Ruthi said...

Your cake was so pretty. Our cakes were not as pretty as yours and we had all the spring colors on ours. I doubt any one cares about the colors. They are just happy for the wonderful job and the great treat!!! What a beautiful job you did Jen.