Monday, March 17, 2008

Happy St. Patty's Day!






St. Patrick's Day is one of my favorite days and I don't really even know why. When I was growing up my mom would always make green mashed potatoes, a four leaf clover shaped meat loaf, green jello, and green milk. It was always a fun tradition. I don't have the necessary ingredients to make my mom's traditional st. Patrick's Dinner, so I think I'm going to take a wack at Irish soda bread and Irish Chicken and Dumplings tonight. I did have a lot of fun dressing the girls up in green today. So since I don't even know why St. Patricks Day is celebrated I think tonight for Family Home Evening we'll have to do some Irish research, oh and fill out the March Madness brackets- Jared's request :)

3 comments:

The Hungry Homemaker said...

I totally made Irish Soda bread too! And I turned it green. It didn't look like much, but I actually liked it! Happy St. Patty's Day!

Melissa said...

madeline looks so much like you at that age in the top picture. They look so cute!

Ruthi said...

Guess what? I learned that my grandfather McOmber has Irish heritage with the Carson line which is on his Calvin D. McObmer's mother's side. Now I know where we got a little Irish temper!!! I have cousins with bright red hair (Emerson's sisters).
So we had cabbage and roast beef. I got a pinch from Calvin as well for forgetting to wear green.
Love, Mom rmp