Friday, March 28, 2008

Bunny Hill all the way!




I had my very first experience down hill skiing on our anniversary and I have to admit that I think I'm not going to take on skiing as a hobby. We had a lot of fun going down the bunny hill and after about 30 minutes I told Jared it was getting a little boring so we decided to try something more challenging. We asked some guy what the next easiest hill was so he showed us (we should have been more cautious... ) and we took the fun ride up to the top of the mountain. When we got there it started snowing REALLY hard, and we didn't have goggles. We started down the hill and I was doing pretty good at the first, but then I got nervous and started going straight down the hill instead of side to side- I was afraid I would fall off the side of the mountain, what can I say- So I started going faster and FASTER until I couldn't see anymore because of the snow. I tried stopping gracefully, but it didn't work and I ended up rolling about 3 times. I was pretty frustrated, but we weren't down the mountain yet, so I put my skis back on and tried it again, only to fall even quicker this time. I felt pretty angry and made Jared walk down most of the rest of the hill with me. Jared later went on that same hill two more times and told me it was the hardest hill he's ever skied down! (He has only been 5 or 6 times) So I learned my lesson, next time I'm going to ask a worker what the best hill is and not just some random guy, or even better, maybe I'll stick to the bunny hill :) It was a really fun activity to do with Jared though and even though I ended up with a really nice bruise I would still do it again, maybe just in about 5 years :)

6 comments:

Ruthi said...

I have never had a good experience going down hills on the snow. I ended up in the emergency room with 5 stitches to my right eye (fortunately I still have my eye.) Anyway, that was just sledding. I would need a bunch of gaurdian angels for more than that. You look great. It is so nice to have you here for a few days.
Love, Mom rmp

Lena said...

I've only been twice and it was fun but I can think of many more things I'd rather do or spend that money one, lol! I am not a fan of cold though and I'm glad Peter didn't like it much either because now we won't have to go again for a LONG time!

C.B. said...

Ya, I'm not very good at the whole skiing thing myself...the hardest part for me is getting off the ski lift! Happy Anniversary!

Hanna in the Hizzzouse.. said...

If you liked skiing, you should really try snowboarding! It is a blast! I was a skier my whole life until I got married, now it's snowboarding all the way!

Holly said...

Oh my gosh, Jen... it seems like yesterday your cute family was visiting us at my mom and dad's house! Do you remember that one summer?? How fun! Look how cute your little family is! I'm excited to keep tabs on your little blog and see what you have been up to! PS you are braver than I am... I've never skiied once in my life! haha.

Meichelle said...

Hi! You don't know me, but I found your blog through Hollys. I hope you don't mind! I love your cute family.
My blog is blakeandmeichellejohnson.blogspot.com. :)
Thanks for letting me look!
Meichelle Johnson