Thursday, April 10, 2008

Kansas City Trip

I went to Kansas City for a week by myself. My work chooses this city often since it is centrally located in the U.S. so that it is cheaper to fly everyone there. The trip was okay. Other than work, I did enjoy eating out at Jack Stack's Barbecue with some co-workers. Everyone says that KC is known for barbecue.

I also went to some Mormon History sites like Independence Visitor Center and Liberty Jail. It was fun going to Temple Lot where maybe one day an LDS temple will be build. I remember Joe and I running in that field when I was a kid. I say the RLDS temple which was fun, but they close at 5:00 so we didn't go in. Liberty Jail had a fun tour too. I would recommend going to these locations if you ever go KC, Missouri.
I wanted to go to a Royals game, but no luck.

I enjoyed coming home to see the family. Jen and I watched general conference between our two families (my parents and her parents only live 20 minutes apart). My favorite talk was from Elder Holland about continuing revelation and Jen's was from Elder Ballard about families. It's always nice to hear our optimistic church leaders, especially since the national media mocks us often.

2 comments:

pinksuedeshoe said...

I think the RLDS temple looks like a giant seashell that washed ashore and got stuck pointy side up in the dirt. Is that mean?

Ruthi said...

All your pictures were so wonderful. Thanks for the great view of them. I am back from 4-H leadermete and it was fun. We went to Carbon Co., Price Utah. It was interesting. I took quilting, master gardening, cooking Mexican, drying fruit, etc. What a great time I had. Let me know how I can have a book of your wonderful pictures.
Love, Mom rmp