Saturday, April 19, 2008

Stampede, Salisbury, Spanish Radio, and Jazz

Last night Jen, Rachel, and I went to the Idaho Stampede vs LA Defenders. It was the semi-finals of the NBA-DL and the crowd was small but energetic. It was fun and of course, the tickets were free thanks to Shane Stevens. We are the dump when friends want to get rid of their tickets, and are proud of it.

I've been working on analyzing the surveys for Matt Salisbury. He is running for the House of Rep, which means he's running against Sali for the Republican nominee. I hope he wins. His grandparents live across the street from me, so that's how I got involved. It's kind of fun seeing what stuff goes on behind the scenes. I got up twice this week before 5 to volunteer to crunch the numbers, but I have fun doing it, well sometimes.

Another exciting thing this week was I was on Spanish Radio. Some lady named Delia called work and wanted an interview, but no one else knows Spanish, so it fell on me. I'm low on the totem poll, but I did it. It was scary since my Spanish is out of practice, but I practiced a lot for it and it went okay, I'd give myself a B-. It was on 1260 AM which is in the treasure valley. Jen recorded it for me. It was 20 minutes live interview. Yikes. The people at work said I did good, but they don't know Spanish, so I'll just let them think that.

I also was a little limp this week since I sprained my ankle playing basketball last Saturday.

Speaking on Basketball, I'm so excited that the Jazz are in the playoffs. Today it starts, so I'll be watching the games. Jen said she hopes the Jazz lose so that we don't have to watch so many games. So either ways it's a win-win situation. If the Jazz win, I'm happy and if they lose, Jen's happy, and if Jen is happy, then I am happy . . . right?

Even ESPN is giving them some love. They said the Jazz have the highest chance of winning the West. Unbelievable. Last year, all their "experts" picked the Rockets to beat the Jazz, yet the Jazz prevailed. Then again, they all picked the Warriors, yet the Jazz prevailed. Then the all picked the Spurs, and they were all right. But this is our year. It seems like I say that every year.

Jared

3 comments:

The Hungry Homemaker said...

Trent and I have tickets to game 6... so lets cheer for a game six!!

Ruthi said...

Hey, I am proud of you that you spoke on the radio and even in Spanish jared. That is great. Can I have a copy of your recording? I am glad for that. Anyway, I want a copy of all your blogs for the year. I will pay for it.
Love, Mom

Ruthi said...

I love, all of you
Thanks for sending me your cute blogs.