Sunday, April 20, 2008

Sacrament Meeting Craziness


Every Sunday we load up our kids in the car and prepare to battle Sacrament Meeting. We fill the diaper bag with all the necessary things... treats, toys, and more treats :) Jared helps prepare the sacrament so we get there 30 minutes early. Lately I've been taking a couple laps around the church with the girls during that 30 minutes so they can get out some energy and hopefully behave a little better during sacrament. Today as I was walking around with the girls many people commented how cute they all are... if they only knew :) Well I told Aliza to fold her arms and that she needed to walk. She got the fold your arms part, but not so much the don't run in the church. It was a pretty cute sight I have to admit... a cute chubby little girl folding her arms and running around the church :) Sacrament meeting was crazy like usual, but during the meeting I was standing up with Rachel at the back and was able to observe all the other families and realized that I'm not the only one who doesn't always get to hear much of the program. It's hard for the little kiddies to sit for an hour! I am thankful though that I can go to church every Sunday and at least feel the spirit that is at the church, and I am SO thankful for the nursery workers who take care of our girls for the second and third hours! I don't know if they realize how much I appreciate them! I am also thankful to have a ward family who I can rely on to help me out since we don't have family nearby. I love being a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints and knowing that wherever I am I can find people who believe the same things I do!

5 comments:

Ruthi said...

God will bless you for your obedience and giving your family the gospel. It is a habit they will appreciate as they grow up. I was a nursery leader for 8 years and loved it. I always appreciated a little letter of appreciation from a few, and I mean a very few who sent them.
Love, Mom

Hanna in the Hizzzouse.. said...

I feel your pain about the sacrament meeting madness. We have such a young ward that I know it's not just my children misbehaving, but some weeks I don't know! Gabe did stay in his class the whole time last Sunday, so I am crossing my fingers!

parkerfam said...

I don't know what you're talking about. Natalie folds her arms and sits still the entire time in Church, all the while pondering on the meaning of the talks given. No but seriously, I think the Lord knows that parents don't get very much out of the meetings we have with kids, and so when we have the rare opportunity to go alone or with our spouse only, the heavens open and the spirit is poured out abundantly. Which is why going to the temple is sooooooo nice.

Bon said...

I couldn't agree with you more! It is nice to have a ward family to rely on when family isn't around! I know I depend a lot on my friends and the church and it is nice to have that!:)

C.B. said...

We live in a young ward with lots of little ones and I watch them tackle their children every Sunday..sometimes it can be hard. But the important part is going.
If you haven't already, you should tell your nursery leaders how much you appreciate them...I was a nursery leader for almost 2 years..and even though I LOVED the kids...it would have been nice to have heard a thank you from the parents every now and then. It can sometimes be a little hectic in there...and just one heartfelt thank you means a lot.