Sunday, September 28, 2008

Church Dodgeball 2008 2nd Place



For the first time in my life, my stake organized church dodgeball. It was very organized with ward against ward, with some wards having two teams, 14 all together. It only lasted three Thursdays with a preseason, season, and post season all lasting one day each. Well, for the tournament we had the sixth seed to start and somehow made it to the championship game. Since the games are so quick, we could play a best of seven series. In the championship we lost the first three games, won the next three to cause a seventh sudden death game and then lost. Thanks to the Bauer brother, Jason and Jared to lead us that far.

It was super fun and it was really exciting going to the championship. Also, I was suprised how much excercise dodgeball made me do.

-It was super fun and easy. It was nice to see other people that don't come to basketball came out for dodgeball.
-Last week, we left early because Rachel threw up, and I'm not talking about the dodgeball.
-It was nice too because the bishop watched us in the semifinal and final game, as one of our two fans. Jen and the girls were there for the first series, but since we kept winning, it was time to put the girls to bed.
-During the second week, all the wards were there at the same time, so there were probably 200 people in the building for dodgeball. I hope this continues into next year.


This video was one of our losses during the season.

4 comments:

Dave M. said...

Wow I am awesome in this video. I got two people out at the end. I didn't know I had such power and form. This was great fun. I wish I would have made it for the final, we might have won it all. Lets win in basketball.

canihavethisdance said...

Looks like a lot of fun!
Maybe more stakes should start dodgeball tournaments!

Ruthi said...

Looks like fun times with dodge ball. I haven't played that for a long time. Looks like good exercise and Jared is great. (of course)

Elizabeth said...

Wow! Church dodgeball. That's hilarious! I'm sure the scouts would love to play too. Do you know how many other stakes have done it before?