Monday, September 29, 2008

The Long Awaited Day; the Obtaining of the Church Key



I've always wanted easy access to the church to play basketball. When I was 14 I started up JPI, my basketball league, and spend too much time every week getting that darn key. The Clarks always had it, but they wouldn't lend it to me until I first got an adult to supervise and second, formally schedule the church. It was a pain.

Over the years, I've had to make friends to whomever holds those keys in order to play basketball. There has been many day in which I'd go to the church early in the morning, only to find out that the key guy didn't show up and everyone mournfully had to go home.

Happy day, that pain should not happen again, at least for awhile. Jen just got keys somehow, so I intend to use them (responsibly of course). But she did say, that I would need her permission first, which could be an obstacle.

9 comments:

Hutchins Family said...

ROFL

C.B. said...

Ahh the church key. How lucky you are to hold it in your hands!

Dave M. said...

Jared, I have a key that you can responsibly use anytime.

Jana said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jana said...

I'm going to try again with correct spelling . . .

Thank goodness for Jen's wise discretion!

Jen, here's that link: http://boisedeals.blogspot.com

Joe Pratt said...

Jared,
You have truly moved up in life. I'm so proud of you!

Allan said...

Jared, there's only one way to having no obstacles and that is becoming the bishop. Oh, wait, then you'd have responsibilities that should preempt basketball.

Ruthi said...

Congratulations, this means you are a responsible adult and will not forget where you put it, lose it, or flush it down the drain. Best to you and your great coaching Jared. We love you, MOM

Michael Parker said...

Good things come to those who wait. May the blessings of the key holder reside within your home for as long as you posses the key. Now, let's play ball!