Thursday, October 2, 2008

Blessings

Life has been so crazy lately. Between church callings, being pregnant, taking care of kids, hanging out with friends, making dresses for my brothers wedding, and all the other million things I'm trying to do I feel like I'm constantly going. But life if great! I feel like we have been so very blessed these past couple of weeks.
Last week my friend Emily called and asked if I wanted to go to the church orchard to glean peaches. I really wanted to go, but my other friend Aubrey had just called and offered to watch my girls so that I could get some sewing done. So I reluctantly said no to Emily and she said she'd just pick some peaches for me. What a sweet thing to do! Later she brought over a HUGE box of peaches and a bag of onions too (that she had also gleaned). I was able to sew half of a dress. Thank you to my friends who are such great examples of love and service.
Our freezer has been PACKED so I mentioned to Jared that I really wanted to get a freezer for outside. Last weekend I went to garage sales and found a free freezer that actually works! It wasn't even a week after I said I would like freezer and we were blessed with one. So now I have space for all the peaches and onions that we received :)
I love being able to see the hand of the Lord in my life. Even though life is crazy I know the Lord is watching over us. I am so thankful for all of my friends that I have here. It is a really important thing since we don't have any family close. So thank you friends!!

9 comments:

Lisa said...

my guess is another adorable girl...can't wait to find out!!

Lena said...

I'm guessing BOY!

Holly said...

What a great post to make us all stop and think about those little blessings that sometimes get overlooked in our lives. The Lord really does know each of us and has a direct hand n our lives! I am going to guess boy too! :)

Elizabeth said...

Girl

Jbird08 said...

I love your gratitude for all your blessings. Never give up those girlfriends. And yes I think it'll be a girl so that Rachael with have playmate. (oh yeah, Brittany was a good playmate for Cameron)

Hutchins Family said...

Girl!!!!!!

Amy said...

Aloha Jen! What a cute family and congratulations! I'm going to guess another girl :)

Ruthi said...

I guess you will have twins (just kidding).
I think you will probably have another girl because it is the 5th that is the prince charming, right? Not that I was the fifth or anything. If it is a girl, the ward robe will be convenient for her. Why do I like so many hand-me-downs? Because that was my entire wardrobe, well, mostly from my cousin Susan, but mostly lovely hand sewn dresses from my mom.
I was the only girl, so I had a great advantage with my mother's sewing skills. I am proud of you Jen for all your sewing. When I finish getting moved in, I hope to get back to sewing again. When is your brother's wedding?
Love, Mom

Emily said...

Anything for you Jen!