Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Columbus Day Adventures

Since Jared works for the Government he gets every holiday off... even Columbus Day! How nice! I taught aerobics in the morning and didn't have to take the kids- yay! Then we decided to go to Swan Falls and explore the nature a little bit. There are tons of huge rocks there so of course Jared wanted to climb :) Actually, it was really a lot of fun. All of us climbed rocks and had a great time, much better than staying at home!! Jared caught a couple lizards and the girls even held one of them!

Then we went off to our next adventure- the Linder Farm






















One of my favorite things to do in the fall is going to Linder Farms. They have a great pumpkin patch, a little kid maze and this year they added a petting zoo all for free! I've never seen a Zebra so close so I had to get a picture of it. The girls loved the petting zoo and even tried to feed some of them :)

We didn't buy a pumpkin this year because we grew our own little pumpkin patch, whether we actually get any orange pumpkins or not is the big question, (they're all still green and we just had a really cold weekend) but I figured we could just paint them if they don't change colors :)

I just love going on the hayride, watching the sun set, and seeing a beautiful red barn with corn fields surrounding me, and being with my family on a beautiful fall evening. It was a great Columbus Day and I'm happy we were able to "explore" our area:)

P.S. We find out on Monday what we're having, so don't forget to leave a comment on what your prediction is for the gender!!

5 comments:

Bon said...

Ok- My vote is GIRL!!! I can't wait to hear what you are having! That is the exciting part!

Brittany said...

So I think Rachel's (did I spell that right?) coat is a little to big. ha ha. In case we didn't tell you, Steven and I think you're having a boy!

Anonymous said...

I think the baby is going to be a boy!!!

Evelyn said...

I'm going to be slightly unoriginal and guess boy. Good Luck! I hope your baby is cooperative and shows the goods.

canihavethisdance said...

I love all of the fun pictures. The girls are growing up so much!
I emailed Jared with my vote. Sounds like we are leaning towards a boy cousin for Jackson and Carson.