Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Family Home Evening Fun



I love family home evening. It is such a nice thing to be able to know that every Monday night we plan on spending time with our family. Last week we were outside in the back. For some reason Jared got on the roof and then thought it would be fun if each girl got on too. We missed a picture of Aliza, but she was up there too. The girls loved it.
Last night we went on a family walk. The girls were all kind of sick... hence me REALLY needing to get out of the house :) The walk was the perfect thing! I love going on walks with Jared and just being able to talk and not worry about a messy house or the newest blog update :) I love my family and I love spending time with them!!
On a side note, Matlock is such a funny cat. No matter how much water we put in his dish he always goes to the toilet to drink from there. The other day I walked into the bathroom to find this:










He was waiting for us to flush the toilet so he could drink. Gross I know. We still love him.

7 comments:

daisy deb said...

yes...thank goodness for mondays...always a little time with the fam! :>)

Jana said...

I totally hear you on the sick kids thing; it's always nice to get out of the house. I love your baby countdown on the side of your blog - the 'floating baby' ones kinda scare me :)

Holly said...

I think that is hilarious {the cat}! haha. I am SO with you... FHE is the best!!

Bon said...

Our cat does the same thing! HA! You are such a good mother and example Jen...thanks!:)

Elizabeth said...

Jared is so random! How funny! I used to have that same shirt too, except it was 10 times cooler when I wore it since that was my last name! ;)

Emily said...

Jen,
loved the picture of the cat! I'll never forget Daisy saying, "Mommy, the cat is drinking out of the toilet!" She was totally amazed!

Let me know if you need a walking partner one of these days!
Take Care!

Ruthi said...

So, there are many ways to have creative home evenings. This takes the cake. I hope you are not teaching things that might cause injury.
Love, Mom