Monday, September 1, 2008

Fun at the Fair





















Every year Jared gets to work at the fair for a day. It's been a fun tradition we've started to go meet up with him at the end of his shift. He gets in for free and the girls are still free so I'm the only one who has to pay:) Our first stop is the Ag center, (Jared's area) where we let the girls play in the swimming pool full of wheat, corn, and other grains. The girls love it. Rachel had a lot of fun, we just had to keep her from throwing the seeds... :)
Another favorite for the kids is the petting zoo. Rachel and Aliza pretty much just looked at the animals, but Madeline had fun petting and feeding the animals.
When we were walking around a lady came up to us and handed us 6 tickets because they couldn't use them since they were leaving. Cool! The girls were all too small to ride on anything by themselves, so I was lucky enough to go on an elephant ride with Madeline. Aliza was SO sad and was crying during the entire ride. I felt bad, but secretly I did want to go on a ride too :) Overall we had a great time!

4 comments:

Bon said...

Looks like a great tradition to have! We get to go to our fair tonight...although it really isn't that great!:)

The Hungry Homemaker said...

Seriously, I never thought of filling a swimming pool with grains for kids to play in. What a great idea! Though, I wonder who much something like that would cost? Looks like you guys had fun at the fair... the Utah State fair is starting soon, I think we should go!

ivanandjulie@blogspot.com said...

That looks so fun and yummy!! Good blogging Jen! whoohoo-love ya-jules

Mary said...

hey- the dumbo ride was my favorite one too!reat minds I guess! looks like a good time