Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Labor Day Berry Pickin'




Yesterday we wanted to do something fun- and definitely not house cleaning- so I knew I'd better get out of the house or I'd feel compelled to clean :) (even though we cleaned the whole house on Saturday). So I went to aerobics in the morning and when I came home we decided to go pick blackberries at The Berry Ranch
I've tasted blackberries before and I'm didn't really love them, but I really wanted to go pick some fruit so we decided to go. You have to spend at least $5.oo per person that picks (ages 3+). Well we picked way more than that, but it was still alot of fun, and now we are going to have blackberry smoothies for a LONG time!! These were the biggest, juciest, sweetest, and yummiest blackberries I've ever tasted. They told us we could eat the berries as we went along... and to get a better deal on the final cost of the berries I stuffed myself full :) I didn't eat another berry yesterday, but I think after this post I'll go and eat some more :) Don't they look yummy!
As a side note, Madeline actually didn't pick any blackberries... she was afraid of the wind, and actually was throwing such a big fit that Jared took her and the other girls to see the animals (pigs, sheep, etc) while I picked. Rachel loved the blackberries and ate at least 10. I had a great time, and hopefully next time Madeline will enjoy herself more too.

3 comments:

canihavethisdance said...

What a fun thing to do! I bet the smoothies are great.
It looks like you all a had a fun time at the state fair.
You are doing a lot of fun things with your girls!

Holly said...

YUM!!! That looks like such a fun day!! I have a love-hate reltionship with both berries and the fair... I usually can't stop myself from eating berries so I end up getting a tummy ache! And I always say I'm not going to the fair this year, but we always end up going! haha. :)

Jana said...

Fun! We go there every October to get pumpkins, the hay ride over the field is always an adventure . . .