Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Danger Magnet

Yesterday was almost one of the coolest days ever, almost. I am obsessed with the Twilight series by Stephenie Meyer so 2 weeks ago I entered a character slogan competition. You had to come up with a two- word slogan for five of the characters. I had so much fun doing this. Two weeks ago I was still constantly thinking about the characters and analyzing the book so it was a great activity to think of descriptions of the characters. Anyway. I submitted my answers and anxiously awaited the announcement of the winners. (The winner would win the book on CD!) If it weren't for gReader (you can subscribe to the sites you frequently visit so you know when they have updated their site) I would have been checking the website constantly. Anyway, last night they came out with the results and guess what! My suggestion for Bella was picked!! I chose "Danger Magnet" for her slogan. Now for the reason it wasn't the coolest day ever... more than one person came up with "danger magnet" as Bella's slogan so they randomly chose the winner and that wasn't me. Bummer. Too bad there wasn't a second place prize or something. I'm actually trying to somehow get a hold of the people in charge of the website because I think they should at least acknowledge the other people who also came up with the idea. I was thinking maybe they could send me one of the finished shirts too (that's what they are using the slogans for). So anyway. I have proof on my g-mail account that I really did submit "Danger Magnet" on October 29th. cool huh. So if you ever see a t-shirt that says danger magnet you can know that I helped think of it :) I'm going to post the winning slogans on here and then my slogans. I didn't agree with a couple of her picks, but for the most part they were great.

Stephenie's Picks:


Bella: "Danger Magnet" [by Eileen]
Carlisle: "Smooth Operator" [by Varsha]
Emmett: "Bear Hug" [by Ashley]
Esme: "Play Nice" [by Emelia]
Jasper: "Feel Better?" [by Jillian]

Jen's Ideas:
Bella: "Danger Magnet"
Carlisle: "Compassionate Creator"
Emmett: "Playfully Dangerous"- written around a picture of Smokey the Bear
Esme: "Lovingly Esteemed"
Jasper: "Atmosphere Excellence" I got that idea from the Army slogan "Leadership Excellence" and suggested making a shirt that said ROTC (Recent One To Cullens) with the army slogan thing replaced.

I also think it would be really cool if they made a shirt that said, "Cullen & Cullen, Family of Vampires" instead of "Johnson & Johnson, Family of Companies" written in the johnson & johnson font.

2 comments:

The Hungry Homemaker said...

You crack me up:)

Hanna in the Hizzzouse.. said...

To answer your question, Yes I do love the "Twilight" series. I am anxiously awaiting the next books. I can't believe these are her first books. That contest thing was pretty cool. I loved all of your answers and feel that you should get some kind of recognition for your answer for Bella.