Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Growing Pains

My shoulder has really been bugging me lately but I don't remember doing anything to hurt it. Well on Monday I decided to feel my shoulder and to my surprise it was poking forward, and it felt like it had popped out of it's socket. Hmm... then yesterday I was looking in the mirror and realized that my right shoulder is probably 2 inches higher than my other shoulder and its totally poking out. I decided it was time to go to the doctor.
I really dislike going to the doctor so I always put it off, but this was wierd. Since I never go to the doctor I don't have a regular doctor (just an OB) so I went to this clinic thing today. I had a great friend of mine come watch the girls and hoped I'd be back in an hour. Three hours later... I finally got home! Yikes! What did I come home with? A sling and orders to put ice on it. :)
There were a lot of funny things about that clinic, but one of the best was that the doctor was laughing at me and called another doctor in to "show me off" :) They were guessing that I had a separated shoulder and thought it was pretty funny that I didn't know how it happened. When I told Jared he said, "How does someone get a separated shoulder other than from playing football?" Well anyway. After the x-rays it doesn't look like my shoulder is separated after all, maybe just a AC shoulder sprain? whatever that is.
I'm suppose to go back in a week. So my lesson learned today is... maybe you can sprain your shoulder from lifting 3 little girls up all day long :) And if all else fails, ice it :)
I think it's funny I'm wearing a sling since I can really move my arm just fine, but I probably should have a more serious look, so that's why I included the serious picture. Plus, Jared wanted everyone to notice Madeline's great tower of blocks. Madeline and Aliza were having a lot of fun seeing how high they could build.

3 comments:

Bon said...

Ouch! You are one tough cookie! I just noticed how long your hair is too! You look so beautiful!:)
Bonnie

Hanna in the Hizzzouse.. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Hanna in the Hizzzouse.. said...

I have no idea how my comment got removed, but here it is again. You are seriously the most beautiful girl in a sling that I have ever seen! I love to look at the pictures of your cute family!