Sunday, November 25, 2007

Thanksgiving

We had a really nice Thanksgiving. We decided to just stay here and relax instead of traveling. We didn't have dinner until 3:30 (really 4:30) so Jared played football in the morning while the girls and I watched the Thanksgiving Day Parade and prepared Thanksgiving dinner. Then we went to this place called Harpers Ferry and got to see lots of peacocks, deer, and a bunny. It was a really pretty day and this place was really cool. I think that was actually the highlight of my day- going out enjoying the beauty of the world with my family. For dinner our friends the Hutchins and the Wolfs came over. I'm really glad we were able to have friends come over since we weren't able to be around family. I don't think I'd want to make a big Thanksgiving dinner if it were just us (Jared would probably prefer a bowl of cereal over Thanksgiving dinner :)). I am thankful for so many things in my life. I'll just list a few...

I'm thankful for...

A loving and supportive husband
Three beautiful and healthy daughters
The beautiful earth that has been created for us
Being a woman
Being able to stay home and take care of my kids
Living in a free country
Jared has a job
Knowing that I am a child of God


The list could go on and on, but I just really am so thankful for life and for all of my blessings.


We didn't do any still shots of the actual dinner, but here I am cutting the turkey while holding another turkey :)

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Hi jen, I love the picture! Morgan says "she's so darling!" I don't know where she got it from.. she means you. :)