Sunday, June 1, 2008

Logan Trip; Alissa's Marriage

We did a two day trip to Logan to see Alissa get married to Victory Haines.

OUR FAMILY


THE MAP

We first stopped at Uncle George's and Aunt Carol's home in American Falls. They are very hospitable and gave us plenty of sweets. Jen liked how clean their home is and how good it smelled. It's the same home that I went to when I was a kid. It's like going back in time. The girls loved all their dolls and books. I enjoyed looking at their photos of their Prague trip last summer.
In the morning we stopped by Pocatello to see my grandparents' graves. My Grandpa McOmber was a dairy farmer and my Grandma McOmber was a city girl from Prague, kind of like a real life Green Acres relationship. They were a great example of what marriage should be. I never met Grandpa since he died 9 months before I was born. I like to think we gave each other high fives as he returned and as I left the spirit world.

Then we drove to Logan and on the way we had to stop in Preston to see the home of Napolean Dynamite. We even stopped at the actual DI from the movie, but it was closed so we didn't go in.


Then off to the wedding at the Logan Temple. It was fun. Alissa is from a big family so there were Alissa clones everywhere. We were happy to see most of Jen's family who drove up from Utah and Salt Lake Counties. Thanks for the babysitting!


It was a good trip except the $3.93 dollar gas. We saw gas prices range from $3.85 to $4.09. Yikes.

Here's a little video of the Logan Temple, if you've made it this far down on this long post.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I guess I found your blog first! I'm impressed you had enough energy to do this post!! It felt like a long drive for me, and mine was only 2 1/2 hours!

canihavethisdance said...

It was fun spending time with all of you! You did a lot in just 2 days. Maybe we can arrange a meeting place again sometime!
I really liked you video of the Logan Temple with the interesting facts.

Bon said...

I love that top picture of you guys!!

Ruthi said...

It was so nice to see you at Aunt Carol and Uncle George's home. They are wonderful and George has been a great support to me all my life. Thanks for visiting my parents grave. Dad was a dairy farmer, McOmber Dairy just to put himself through college and then he became professor of Chemistry, Physiology at ISU. He then became a seminary teacher, got his MA and was the Institue teacher at ISU, a very beloved teacher of Pocatello. Not to mention the stake Patriarch and Temple councillor to John Groberg Sr. in Idaho Falls. He learned a lot from the farm that made him such a success in life.
Love, MOM