Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Almost a Kitchen Catastrophe

This weekend I am making my first official paid for Wedding Cake. Exciting huh! Well today I've been making cakes ALL day (It's better to make them ahead of time and freeze them to retain more moisture and it makes the actual day less crazy) I also decided that I should probably make the rolls for Thanksgiving (freezing them as well). This bread recipe is DELICIOUS, so I made the bread, no problem, but I thought it looked a little different because it wasn't browning like it should. Well, AFTER the bread was already baked and I was eating a piece, I realized I'd forgotten the honey! No wonder it wasn't browning like it should (sugar does that to bread). So needless to say (pun intended:)) you have to add honey and butter to the bread to make it taste good... bummer... and I was going to try to impress my sis-in-law who's coming up for Thanksgiving... maybe next time :) Oh well.
Well then I still needed to make more cake so I made the cake batter (using 3 cake mixes) and thought, hmm.. this looks a little thicker than usual. Did I forget anything? VERY thankfully, before I baked the cake I realized I had forgotten the eggs. Oops! That's kind of a big thing to forget considering it only calls for 3 ingredients. I'm blaming it on my 3 1/2 kids... pregnancy makes me loose my mind sometimes... maybe that means we'll have a smart baby :)

5 comments:

The Hungry Homemaker said...

I was doing the exact same thing. I joked that I shouldn't go into the kitchen... I was always leaving out ingredients. Oddly enough, it has got better, even though I am still pregnant.

Missy08 said...

wow u are a busy lady. hope u have a good thanksgiving and hope to see u at church on sunday. we should have a fun day again sometime soon just give me a call I'm open for anything.

Alissa said...

Oh my! I don't need to be pregnant for me to do that-I had the same story this last week- I just couldn't get anything to turn out! By the way congrats on the wedding cake job- I'm sure it's going to be wonderful!!!

Brittany said...

ha ha. Good luck with the rest of your thanksgiving feast. I found that when pregnant I sometimes had a hard time remembering the days of the week and my students would have to tell me;)

Annette said...

Jen, You are so amazing...I am grateful that you have "moments" like the rest of us! Love ya!