Sunday, November 2, 2008

Back to Blogging







This past week I got to go on a week long work trip with Jared to Kansas City, Missouri, without ANY kids!! Jared's mom came up and watched the kids and did a great job- even though I'm sure she was super tired at the end of all of it :)
So for a week I got to do whatever I wanted, which consisted of walking around town window shopping, projects galore, a 6 mile round trip walk to the Crown Center, Union Station, and the Hallmark Museum, and much more freetime at night to spend with Jared. Walking around and visiting all of those places was pretty cool and my legs were SO tired at the end of all of it!! I also got to go out to eat every night with Jared thanks to the governments large-for-our-cheapness daily allowance for food spending. I don't think we even spent more than they allowed for one person! Nice.
We also got to stay in a nice hotel on the 8th floor and had a great view looking out into the city- the picture isn't that great that I took, but it was an awesome view.
One night we got to see Jared's friend Kurt Hanson and his wife Alice and their new baby. That was fun seeing an old friend and hearing the guys talk about good old JPI basketball :) We were also able to go to the Nelson-Atkins Art museum, which was interesting and great if you are into art. Jared and I had a great week together. It was nice and refreshing and a much needed break.
By the end of the week I was definitely ready to come home though. I missed being a mommy, and I actually felt like cleaning the house (even though my mother in law did a great job keeping up with the house and taking care of the girls--- now she needs a break :)) I love spending time with Jared and with my girls and I'm so happy to be a mom!!!
Thanks again Grandma Pratt for coming and watching the girls!! You did a great job and we REALLY appreciated all you did for them and for us!! We love you!
I didn't have anyone to take pictures of me, so instead I just took self-portraits of the things I wanted pictures of :)

8 comments:

Bon said...

How fun! I still have never left my kids over night for a vacation with my hubby! But reading your post made me want to give it a try. I am so panicky! Did you worry the whole time? I am glad you had so much fun! You deserve it!!

Alissa said...

YEah your back!! I missed your blogs. I thought about you and how close you were to me. I just wished I had taken work off to go and see you. I'm glad you had fun!

Elizabeth said...

I must say that I've missed reading your blog too. I'm glad you had a great time. We only have one kid, but Joe and I definitely agree that it's great to have alone time every once in a while so that we can enjoy parenthood even more. ;) We can't wait to see your family soon!

Amy said...

Every Mommy deserves a break! Especially one with three little ones and one on the way. So glad you got yours! :)

canihavethisdance said...

I'm glad that you were able to go with Jared. Also grateful to Sis. Pratt for taking care of the girls so you could goe. It sounds like you had a great time.

ivanandjulie@blogspot.com said...

You guys are a blogging inspiration! thanks for your comments and I love your blog. love, jules

Missy08 said...

That is good that u got to get away without kids. i need a vacation to, but I doubt we will get that cause most our family live in the Burley/Rupert area and I don't know if they would come down to watch our kids, but anyways I had fun today making bows when i know that the 1st ones didn't turn out that well, but Trennady likes them I liked how my 2nd one turned out even though I didn't get to finish it sorry I had to leave early due to doctors appt., but i had so much fun we will have to get together again and do it again sometime soon.

Emily said...

I'm so happy you had a great time. You deserved the time off!
You're the best!