Sunday, November 9, 2008

Politics in 2008

Well, although I didn't vote for President Obama, I pray he will do a good job. I did vote for some Democrats and Libertarians and Republicans though. Some of the Idaho Democrats would be viewed as Conservative Republicans in different states. I don't like our political system with only two parties. I would like to throw away the two party system and just vote for the better politician.

For home evening, Jen and I went on youTube and watched debates and interviews about the Idaho politicians to help persuade our vote. I was a little ancy to quit researching to watch the Jazz game, but that's why we have tivo.

On voting day, we voted at the elementary school behind our house. I didn't need to wait in line. I was happy to see the Hispanic population represented there, unlike the previous elections I've voted at. I went with Madeline and they gave her an "I Voted" sticker and she was so happy, although she didn't vote of course.



After reading about all the protests at our temples over Proposition 8, I'm just glad that I live in Idaho. It's good to see that this Catholic professor is appreciative of the Mormons is California.

3 comments:

daisy deb said...

fabulous job on the dresses!

Mary said...

Wow! two thumbs up on the video (I'll take any positive feedback out there) and ten thousand thumbs up on the dresses! what hard work!
you rock

Ruthi said...

This was great. Thanks for sharing it with us. Your dresses were out standing and how you managed to do them all is a mystery to me!!! They are cute int them. Take them to Sears and get a picture with all three. I wish I had time to do that.
Love, MOM Pratt