Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Our Garden is Growing!



I love gardening! It is such a peaceful relaxing way for me to start my morning! I love the quiet beauty of the morning when I'm outside working in the garden all by myself. Yesterday when I went out I saw a beautiful thing... the first flower on our pumpkin plant! I was so happy I even took a picture :) Hopefully this year we will be able to have our own little pumpkins to decorate!

I was telling Jared that it's a good thing I started gardening when the kids are young because I'm the only one who really likes the vegetables. It's a good thing because since I'm still learning there was really only enough fruits of my labor for one person to enjoy :) So hopefully in 10 years I'll be a gardening pro and we'll have enough extras from our garden to share with all our neighbors too :)

5 comments:

Bon said...

Awesome! It is exciting to see the "fruits of your labor". I love it! I am totally learning too and already thinking of new things to try next year!

Melissa said...

It looks good! I think we have bugs on our stuff, but we have a pumpkin plant, and our watermelon is growing too. hopefully it will work out.

Stephanie said...

We did a garden too & we've had some success and some failure but all and all we're really enjoying the fresh veggies! Hope you are well!

steph

Hutchins Family said...

lol! you're awesome Jen

Lisa said...

watch out for those pumpkin patches. i grew those a few years back it was crazy growing everywhere taking up a large part of the yard but i did end up with about a dozen gorgeous pumpkins. by that time i had grown too close to them and refused to allow them to be carved, sad i know :) can't wait to see pics of how yours progresses.