Saturday, July 26, 2008

Yard Sale Jack Pot

On the way to tennis this morning, we were detoured to 3 yard sales; costing us a total of $65.

List of junk we bought:
Snowboard and boats
Weed whacker
Awesome portable CD player
150 articles of kids clothing (all practically new and for 10-25 cents each)
Jen got some clothes
Water vacuum for floods
clown costume (why, I don't know)
a pink softball helmet and kid's glove
girls toys

We loved the last one so much (the one with kids clothes) that Jen stayed about an hour and after we got home, she went back to get more, which means this list can get even bigger. So we never did end up playing tennis.



5 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Wow! That video just made me want to go buy lots of junk off e-bay. J/K, but it was pretty hilarious. Way to be good trash diggers! You just need to change the video's words to "what I bought at yard sales," and it'd fit you guys perfectly!

Elizabeth said...

PS- I love the clown hair and fairy wings!

Bon said...

I am glad to know there are others who share my LOVE for Garage shopping! I love it! That is what I will do when I go HOme! The garage sales here aren't that exciting! But wow! What a haul- good job!

daisy deb said...

fabulous! I am a sucker for garage sales! I bought trellises for my gardens at the last one I went to!

Joe Pratt said...

I love it!